Honey and Ginger Chicken
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 750g Chicken Breasts
- 3 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- 1/2 bottle cheapish White wine - I used a bottle of liebfraumilch we had in the fridge from Christmas.
- 2 heaped tbsp of nice set honey
- Finely chop (or grate) the ginger.
- Lightly fry ginger in a little olive oil, while dicing the chicken breast.
- Add chicken breast, and a little soy sauce, and fry until chicken is no longer pink. This is a good point to stick a pan of water on for the noodles.
- Add the wine and honey, and reduce the sauce on a high heat.
- Leave on a low heat until noodles are cooked, and serve together (ideally with the leftover wine)
This recipe is a variation on Adam's Honey and Ginger Chicken Recipe which came about because Lizzie doesn't like onions and Sainsbury's had run out of mustard seeds. Even without these ingredients it turned out nicely.