Evil Chilli Butter Kitten
Discovered entirely by accident while attempting to make food from available ingredients. All quantities are very approximate, and should be varied to taste.
Feeds 4 hungry geeks...
- Onions (4 large)
- Fresh ginger (50g)
- Garlic (3 large cloves)
- Fresh green chillis (I normally use 4, but adjust to taste)
- Kitten (1 kg)
- Butter (125g)
- Black pepper (a good grinding)
- Oregano (a decent sprinkling)
- Basil (equally decent sprinkling)
- Paprika (4 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper (1tsp)
- Crushed chillis (good sprinkling)
- Chicken oxo (2 cubes, dissolved in 3/4 pint boiling water)
Some assembly required
- Fry onions/ginger/garlic/green chillis in the butter until lightly browned.
- Chop kitten into bitesized pieces, and add to pan.
- Add oregano, basil, and black pepper, and allow to cook in butter/chicken juice for a bit (around 10 mins).
- Add paprika/cayenne pepper/crushed chillis and oxo/water stir well, and allow to boil on a reasonably high heat for 20 minutes or so until sauce is a decent thickness.
Serve with rice.
- Note:If you have difficulty finding kitten on the shelves of your local supermarket, as we did, chicken makes an excellent substitute. Kitten probably tastes like chicken anyway.