Chocolate Cornflake Crispy Cakes
Variations on this recipe are all over the internet, but this is a pretty good approximation of how my mum made them when I was little. I prefer these to the ones that just involve melted chocolate, although they are a bit more work.
- 5 oz butter
- 5 oz golden syrup
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder (vary to taste, I used Green + Blacks)
- Cornflakes, about half a small box
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat
- Add the golden syrup and mix until smooth
- Add some cocoa, mix thoroughly until there are no lumps of cocoa powder left and check you're happy with the cocoa strength. Be careful, the mixture will be hot!
- Pour in some of the cornflakes. Stir thoroughly until they're well coated. Add cornflakes a bit at a time and stir until there's no 'spare' cocoa mix.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and leave to cool.