Chicken and Pancetta Risotto
- 1 mug wine
- 1 mug arborio rice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- 150g diced pancetta
- 150g cooked diced chicken
- 1 pint chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- Fry the pancetta in a little olive oil in a sautee pan until cooked.
- Remove pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon. Add the butter and melt.
- Fry garlic in pan for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan, and stir thoroughly to coat in the butter/oil
- Add 1/2 cup of wine, and keep stirring until the rice is nearly dry.
- Add remaining wine, and keep stirring until the rice is nearly dry.
- Add stock half a cup at a time and keep stirring until the rice is almost cooked. This will probably need about a pint of stock, but it's important to only add small amounts at a time and keep stirring.
- Add the chicken, the cooked pancetta, saffron, thyme and black pepper to taste. Stir well for a couple of minutes until the rice is properly cooked.
This should serve a couple of hungry people.